IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
We are currently looking for Exploration Geologists, with various levels of experiences, to join our Albany Fraser Regional and Nova Near Mine teams. The successful candidates has the exciting opportunity to be part of our dynamic exploration team, working on our projects throughout our large tenement holding in the Albany Fraser Range.
Reporting to a Senior Project Geologist, you will be responsible for managing contractors; diamond, reverse circulation and aircore drilling and logging; and the interpretation and integration of geological, geophysical and geochemical data to drive targeting. This work will be undertaken on a campaign style roster from Perth.
Do you have experience working with base metals and/or precious metals and are looking to join a company that is focused on exploration and discovery? If so, we would like to hear from you. We have a team of industry specialists where you can make a difference, advance your career and feel supported.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
• Ensuring that safety, health and environments aspects are effectively managed at the project level
• Drill target generation using geological, geochemical and geophysical data
• Interpretation and modelling of drilling results
• Drilling program preparation, supervision and rehabilitation
• Geological logging, mapping and sampling
• Digital input of logging and other geological data
• QA/QC of exploration data
• Ensuring that full-cycle exploration programs from detailed ground work, target generation and drill planning are routinely carried out.