Job no: 492244
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO is seeking to recruit a Geochemist into their expanding Exploration team. Reporting directly to the Chief Geologist, this is a permanent full time position based in Perth, although will require travel on a required basis. The main responsibilities of this role is to provide technical advice across the business which will include, but may not be limited to, RnD and target generation. The role will work across multiple projects, commodity types (Ni, Cu, PGE, Co, Au and Li), geological settings, and jurisdictions.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Integration and interpretation of large datasets across the IGO exploration portfolio and project generation;
- Working closely with geoscientists on the development and interpretation of geochemical surveys across varying media and geography;
- Development of new RnD initiatives in the areas of surficial, hydro and litho-geochemistry, mineralogy and metallurgy;
- Drive a leading practice utilisation of the whole rock and mineral chemistry of the unique De Beers Australia exploration data and samples;
- Report and present exploration data to a high technical standard, including statutory reporting requirements;
- Assist in the recognition and due diligence of future growth opportunities;
- Mentor and train geologists to improve geochemistry skills across the organisation; and
- Work closely and collaborate with other IGO personnel within the immediate team and across the business.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Post graduate qualifications (PhD or MSc) in geology/ geochemistry;
- Membership of relevant industry bodies (AAG);
- Current C class Western Australian Drivers Licence;
- Experience across a range of geographies and cover types;
- Experience with the interpretation of country scale to belt scale ‘big’ geochemical datasets;
- Experience across a range of commodity types including, but not only, Cu, Ni, Co, PGE, Li and Au;
- Hydrogeochemistry experience desirable;
- Have strong communication, including presentation, skills and the ability to work as part of a small team; and
- Have a strong commitment to workplace safety and continuous improvement.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend