Exploration Logistics Assistant
Job no: 492245
Work type: Fixed Term - Part Time
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Logistics, Supply & Procurement
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are currently looking for an Exploration Logistics Assistant to join our Exploration team. Reporting to the Logistics Coordinator, this part-time role is based in Kalgoorlie. This key role provides logistics support to the exploration team and is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a well-supported team that is looking forward to a future of growth.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Coordinating vehicles and equipment including procurement, maintenance and asset tracking;
- Maintaining supplies of consumables to field camps and in regional depositories;
- Monitoring exploration logistics spend and proactively engaging in projects and with suppliers to reduce ongoing expenditure;
- Organising general field setup and support for drilling and other programs with associated contractors;
- Managing a fleet of exploration vehicles and equipment, and ensuring maintenance is completed;
- Ongoing assessments of HSE risks and associated reporting; and
- Ensuring routine paperwork (e.g. purchase orders, sample dispatch, time sheets) and filing is completed in an accurate and timely fashion
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- To be based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, with regular travel to/from field projects and occasional travel to Perth;
- Previous experience in a similar role within the exploration industry;
- Developed written and verbal communication and literacy skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Well-developed time management skills and a keen attention to detail;
- Senior or Provide First Aid Certificate;
- Current ‘C’ Class Manual Western Australian Drivers Licence or MR licence desirable;
- Forklift ticket desirable;
- 4WD training and Defensive Driving training desirable; and
- Experience with Pronto and INX software desirable.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend