Learning And Development Coordinator
Job no: 492247
Work type: Full Time
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Learning & Development
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO is currently searching for a Learning & Development Coordinator with Mining experience for our Nova Operation. Reporting to the OHS Superintendent, this is a permanent position on an 8:6 FIFO Roster from Perth. The main responsibilities of this position will be to ensure all training and competencies are met for all site employees and learning and development opportunities are in place to help empower our people, as well as providing support, guidance and advice to line management.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Development, implementation and review of the sites Learning and Development/Training management plan;
- Effective development and implementation of the Learning Management System at operational level on the Nova site including alignment of CCPs to roles and the administration of this function;
- Identify training needs across the site;
- Develop training (internal and external) for increasing and maintaining the capability of the site teams;
- Development and rollout of site wide initiatives including but not limited to JSEA and Risk Assessment training, incident reporting, induction process;
- Development and rollout of awareness packages for the company standards for implementation at a site level;
- Training in the use of company systems including, but not limited to Chemalert, InControl and other INX systems as required;
- Reviewing and facilitating Risk Assessments;
- Administering Training and L&D data on INX; and
- Build and maintain positive relationships across the whole mine.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Understanding of mining, including underground and processing;
- Education qualification or background preferred;
- Experience in e-learning and adult learning;
- Proven team leadership skills gained within an ongoing culture of change;
- Demonstrated IT Skills including training systems, document development and on-line training development and implementation;
- A Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (TAE50111) or Training Design and Development (TAE50211) preferred, but Cert IV essential with extensive training experience;
- A current Senior First Aid certificate;
- An understanding of relevant legislation and regulatory framework around L&D;
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills and the ability to influence people;
- A proven history of identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects; and
- A maturity and depth of experience that allows you to resolve conflicts in a straight-forward manner that benefits all stakeholders.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend