Job no: 492248
Work type: Full Time
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Healthcare & Medical
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO is currently searching for a Site Registered Nurse with Mining experience for our Nova Operation. Reporting to the Senior OHS Advisor, this is a Permanent full time position on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth. The main responsibilities for this role will be maintaining the site medical centre and associated first-aid facilities, provision of first response medical and trauma care, injury management and return to work programs, assistance with the mine site biological monitoring program along with the Health and Safety function on site.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Assess and coordinate the treatment of injuries and illness in accordance with RN qualifications;
- Manage work related and non-work related injuries;
- Maintain accurate Injury Reports and treatment records on INX and Medical Director in a timely manner;
- Ensure the site Emergency Management Plan/s are updated, maintained and adhered to;
- Liaise with Insurer, medical personnel and employees to effectively manage the lodgement of workers compensation documentation;
- Preparing and monitor return to work programmes;
- Conduct workplace health and hygiene inspections and reviews;
- Provide guidance, to all personnel on effective Health & Wellbeing practices;
- Ensure ongoing compliance of all safety systems;
- Conduct Safety Inspections and Work Observations on a regular basis;
- Maintain a Treatment register and report daily to the OHS Manager;
- Develop and facilitate monthly health and wellbeing program; and
- Conduct weekly site inductions and assist in facilitating other training events.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and AHPRA Registration;
- HLTPAT304D – Collect Pathology specimens other than blood certificate;
- A minimum of 2 years’ Nursing experience (Emergency Department and/or remote area Nursing);
- Experience within the mining industry including exposure to Underground desirable;
- Demonstrated experience providing medical treatment and emergency response within a remote location;
- A “C” Class Drivers Licence (Manual);
- Demonstrated IT Skills including medical database systems, safety systems and finance systems;
- An understanding of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements; and
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills and the ability to influence people.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend