Data Visualisation Analyst
Job no: 492249
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO is currently searching for a Data Visualisation Analyst. Reporting to the Group IT Manager, this is a fixed term contract position till July 2019. The main responsibilies for this role will be to assist and develop enterprise reports, dashboards through data analysis using visualisation tools (QlikSense) to deliver high quality and timely reporting for the enterprise.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Understand the business by establishing and building relationships with business users;
- Review and analyse the various data sources and work closely with business leaders to develop interactive reports and dashboards;
- Design, develop, implement and maintain data models to be used by reporting tools;
- Modify and troubleshoot existing reports and rebuilding or repointing of existing reports to another data sources;
- Ensure a high standard of customer service; and
- Assist in managing Information Technology projects as assigned by the Group IT Manager.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Degree qualified in IT or related discipline;
- 3+ years of Information Management experience;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills;
- Expertise in building data visualisations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data for unstructured and structured data sets;
- Highly developed skills in QlikView/QlikSense;
- Experience in optimizing SQL statements with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardisation; and
- Experience with MS Power BI desirable.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend