Job no: 492250
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Engineering - Chemical, Processing
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Plant Metallurgist to join the Processing team for a 9 months fixed term period. The main responsibilities of this role will be to optimise the extraction process of valuable minerals from the Run of Mine ore while meeting concentrate specifications at the highest possible throughput, as well as provide technical metallurgical support to the Metallurgy team. This is on an 8:6 FIFO roster out of Perth.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Monitor plant performance and liaise with operations to provide technical support;
- Daily and monthly metallurgical accounting for reporting and reconciliation purposes;
- Metallurgical performance analysis reporting;
- Recognising improvement opportunities through plant surveys, metallurgical test work and optimisation studies;
- Project scoping, stakeholder co-ordination, implementation and transition management in recognised optimisation initiatives in milling throughput and metal recoveries;
- Manage consumables consumption in the processing plant;
- Management and tracking of concentrate production, ensuring concentrate specifications are satisfied; and
- Improve and maintain data management systems for seamless data extraction and analysis.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A degree in relevant technical discipline;
- Significant experience working in a similar position;
- Differential flotation circuit experience;
- Courier OSA experience;
- Current Senior First Aid certificate;
- Highly effective communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability in continuous improvement and cost reduction;
- Strong computer skills; and
- A strong emphasis on health, safety and wellbeing.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend