Project Geologist - Nova Operation Near-mine Exploration
Job no: 492253
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO are currently looking for a Project Geologist to join our growing Exploration team. This role is critical to driving on-ground exploration around IGO's Nova Operation and delivering exploration success. This role will be offered on a 12 month fixed term contract and reports to the Senior Project Geologist.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Demonstration of IGO's core values through personal behaviours and conversations;
- Planning, organisation and implementation of underground and surface exploration programs, including mapping, logging, sampling, and (Aircore, RC, or Diamond) drill programs;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including landowners, native title groups and contractors;
- Validation of geological data and ensuring QA/QC;
- Use of 3D modelling packages to build comprehensive models;
- Ensuring technical practices and standards are met or exceeded and that appropriate exploration methodologies are applied;
- Preparing comprehensive reports and presentations, which clearly summarise exploration processes, products, results and associated recommendations;
- Supervision and mentoring of junior geologists and field assistants; and
- Target generation and prospectivity ranking of exploration targets.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A genuine passion for geoscience, exploration and discovery;
- A minimum of 5 or more years of relevant exploration experience and a geoscience degree with honours from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Prior experience within brownfields and/or resource definition drilling programs would be advantageous, including the use of 3D modelling software;
- Demonstrated strength in project management;
- Ability to work effectively at several scales and to collect and interpret data with a understanding of both local and regional scales;
- Strong organisational abilities and ability to plan and execute programs with minimal supervision; and
- Results oriented with strong, planning, program management and decision making skills.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend