Underground Ventilation Engineer
Job no: 492264
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Engineering - Mining
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO are currently searching for an experienced and qualified Underground Ventilation Engineer to join the team at our Nova Operation. Reporting to the Production Superintendent, this role is a permanent full time position on a 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth. The Nova Operation is located in the Fraser Range region of Western Australia. Development of the underground mine commenced in May 2015, and has rapidly progressed from Decline & Mine Level Development to first stope ore during late 2016. The mine is now in full production. This is an exciting time to be involved in, and make your contribution to the development of this world class underground Nickel Operation.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
General mine ventilation engineering roles, ie:
- Ensure that the underground ventilation system is maintained such that it meets the requirements set out in the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations 1995;
- Statutory Ventilation officer duties as per WA MSIR 1995;
- Develop and maintain the Ventilation Management Plan;
- Daily mine ventilation monitoring;
- Conduct primary & secondary ventilation surveys;
- Maintain Ventilation and Mine Emergency plans;
- Develop and issue ventilation plans and work instructions;
- Maintain Fan database; and
- Temperature, gas, dust, radiation, mineral fibre and occupational hygiene monitoring.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering;
- Focus and commitment to work safety;
- Solid experience working in operational mine ventilation engineering roles in an underground mining environment, ideally with exposure to base metals;
- Well developed analytical and problem solving ability;
- Strong computer skills and be a competent user of mining industry software (including VentSim, Studio 5DP, Mine 24D/EPS or Deswik);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good time management and document management skills;
- To demonstrate a track record of involvement and achievement in successful projects, and be able to articulate your contribution to those results; and
- Collaborative mindset with a strong sense of teamwork.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend