Senior Contracts Officer
Job no: 492265
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO
Categories: Supply & Procurement
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO are currently looking for a Senior Contracts Officer to join our Procurement team. The role will be based in our South Perth head office and will be a 12 month fixed term role. This position will provide support for the tendering, negotiating, and drafting of contracts with the goal of ensuring risk assessed value for money is obtained, assessing the effectiveness of the management of contracts by owners and their representatives, as well as working with the Procurement team to drive sustainable procurement savings and recommend supply chain solutions to the Operation.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Formulation, drafting and finalisation of commercially and legally viable contract-based business solutions;
- Provide proactive commercial advice, solutions and support to managers for strategic and operational procurement matters;
- Act as a primary contact for commercial issues in specific operational areas;
- Drafting of policies of procedures relevant to key areas of work;
- Identify market trends in buyer-supplier power and take appropriate actions;
- Ensure there is effective planning and scheduling of all development activities to achieve future operational requirements;
- Apply and/or modify learned concepts, methodologies or ideas used in other departments or Companies, to develop new solutions to problems;
- Drive the continuous improvement of systems and processes to ensure IGO maintains industry best practice; and
- Actively develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships within the context of the company strategy and focus on value creation opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification (Practical commercial as opposed to legal bias);
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role;
- Sound understanding of the principles and practice of commercial negotiation with practical experience thereof;
- Practical experience in the use of contractual documentation in mining Commodity, Service and Project type contracts;
- Highly developed literacy and numeracy skills; and
- Understand general mining operations.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend