Job no: 492268
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Health, Safety, Environment and Community
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO are currently looking for an Environmental Officer to join our team at Nova - a world class Nickel, Copper and Cobalt Operation. Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, this role will be responsible for undertaking environmental activities in accordance with our statutory obligations and internal EMS, as well as day to day environmental management initiatives commensurate with an operating mine.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Demonstrate commitment to integrating good environmental management into everyday practices, influencing all site personnel to do the same;
- Build strategic working alliances, promoting the capability of the department and its purpose in the bigger picture of mining to engender confidence and compliance with environmental obligations;
- Assure compliance with Company objectives, policies, procedures, safe work practices, relevant Acts and Regulations;
- Undertake all statutory monitoring, including water, dust, flora/fauna, rehabilitation, and record and analyse data to continuously improve environmental management practices;
- Coordinate data collection required for statutory reporting requirements, including - AER, AACR, GWR/GWS and NPI/NGERs;
- Actively assess the operations compliance to internal and external environmental obligations through area inspections and audits;
- Take responsibility for the management of the refuse and recycling areas;
- Undertake weed management programs in line with site and contractual commitments; and
- Assist in coordinating field programs including closure earthworks trials and revegetation projects.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Bachelor’s degree – Environmental Science (or equivalent);
- Current ‘C’ Class Manual Drivers Licence;
- Solid experience in a similar role, preferably within underground mining environment;
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence internally; and
- High degree of computer literacy.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend