Various level Exploration Geologists
Job no: 492270
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Due to an aggressive exploration program in both Western Australia and Northern Territory, we are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and technically competent Exploration Geologists with various levels of experience to join our Exploration team. With a current tenement holding of over 12,500 square kilometres and 8 drill rigs operating within the Fraser Range Project, the successful candidates will have the unique opportunity to work on an ambitious greenfields and brownfields program, and be part of a team that changes the face of exploration in Western Australia.
If you are looking to join a team that is passionate about exploration and discovery, where you can make a difference every day and be supported by the team of industry specialists that we have brought together, we’d be excited to hear from you.
Reporting to the Senior Project Geologist, you will be involved in a combination of aircore, reverse circulation and diamond drilling. We have a number of new positions available (at varying levels) and looking for people with 4-8 years’ experience.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Drilling program preparation, supervision and rehabilitation (experience level dependent);
- Geological logging, mapping and sampling;
- Implementation of the regional exploration plan;
- Digital input of logging and other geological data;
- QA/QC of exploration data;
- Providing technical assurance for the team, ensuring consistency and currency of the project portfolio (experience level dependent);
- Ensuring safety, health and environmental factors; and technical aspects of the projects are delivered effectively;
- Ensuring that full-cycle exploration programs from detailed ground work, target generation and drill planning are routinely carried out (experience level dependent);
- Managing contractors as required (experience level dependent);
- Undertake technical work as required; and
- Complete government and third-party reporting.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A BSc. Hons degree in Geology/Geosciences with experience in a similar role;
- Post graduate qualifications in economic/ore deposit geology;
- A strong passion for mineral exploration and discovery;
- Strong drive, motivation and the ability to be a self-starter;
- Ability to work in remote locations on greenfields projects and a willingness to undertake campaign work with tent and caravan accommodation;
- Previous experience working with drill rigs (aircore, RC and/or diamond drilling);
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of base and precious metal mineral systems
- Demonstrated planning, time management and project management skills;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence, essential;
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last three months; and
- A strong focus on safety with the drive to be part of a successful team and willingness to support our company values.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend