Various Field Assistant positions
Job no: 492271
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO
Categories: Geology & Geoscience, Logistics, Trades
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Due to an ambitious exploration program with increased drilling and geophysical activities throughout our Albany Fraser Range Project, IGO are currently looking for some additional Field Assistants for our exploration team. We have positions available at the Core Farm in our Near Mine team, and in our remote EM Crews. These positions are offered on a fixed term basis till November on either a 16:12 or 14:7 roster.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Assisting with the collection and processing of samples from drilling activities (core and chips);
- Supervision of earthmoving machinery for clearing and rehabilitation work;
- Assisting with camp logistics and management including cooking, cleaning and ordering consumables;
- Routine maintenance of vehicles, generators and other equipment;
- Ongoing assessments of HSE risks and associated reporting; and
- Data entry and ensuring that all paperwork (e.g. sample dispatch, time sheets) and filing is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Field based exploration experience in one or more of the following disciplines; Air core, RC and diamond drilling;
- Be safety focused with the drive to be part of a successful team supporting our company values;
- A strong passion for mineral exploration and ore deposit discovery;
- Ability to work in remote locations on greenfields projects and a willingness to undertake campaign work with tent or caravan accommodation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and literacy skills;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence;
- Current First Aid certificate;
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last three months; and
- MR License, Provide First Aid, Forklift Ticket are desirable.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend