Job no: 492272
Work type: Full Time - IGO
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO are currently looking for Field Supervisor to join our Exploration Department. This is a newly created position and requires a motivated, safety orientated, champion leader to support our field crews. This position is a permanent role based 50% in the Midvale office, and 50% in the field and reports to the Field Operations Manager. This role is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and developing the next generation of leaders. Operational Excellence includes encouraging and supporting innovation, quality production and data collection and promoting a positive safety culture. Developing leaders includes creating safety champions, giving people control over their role in the organisation, promoting training and development of your team and providing coaching and mentoring.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Manage and supervise field staff and equipment for exploration sites to ensure that exploration programmes have adequate field technical support;
- Ensure effective onsite planning and scheduling of all exploration activities to achieve future requirements;
- Establish operations in areas in which IGO plan to work including establishing local contacts and setting up the required accounts etc;
- Liaise with Exploration Geologists to ensure that exploration activities are carried out in the most cost effective manner;
- Provide in-field leadership, direction, mentoring, resources and creation of a consultative work environment that will build employee skill levels and encourage development of personnel;
- Conduct onboarding and ongoing performance reviews of field staff;
- Champion excellence and leadership in creating a positive safety culture; and
- Liaise with and create positive working relations between IGO and the various landholders including Traditional Owners (T/O’s) and their representatives.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Supervisor / Leadership Training;
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment;
- Forklift Ticket;
- 4wd Safety Driving Course;
- C Class Manual License;
- Provide First Aid;
- Well established field experience at all levels and at a Supervisory level;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and literacy skills;
- Experience with Safety Software, standard email, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- RII30615 – Certificate III in Mining Exploration;
- Geology for Non Geologists Course;
- OHS for Supervisors;
- High Risk – Rigging, Forklift, Dogging, Loading Crane; and
- Experience with land holder and traditional owner liaison
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend