IGO Ngadju Processing Traineeship Program
Job no: 492273
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - NOVA
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
I GO FURTHER WITH IGO - OUR OPPORTUNITY
IGO Nova Operation will be launching the Ngadju Vocational Traineeship Program in 2019 with the Processing Traineeship. The position will be located at our Nova Operation in the Fraser Range. The program will run for a period of 2 years of full time employment with IGO. A Vocational Certificate qualification will sit alongside on the job training.
In accordance with our Company values, IGO’s Diversity & Inclusion strategy, the 2013 International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM) Position Statement on Indigenous Peoples and Mining, and IGO’s Community Policy, our Company seeks to support a pathway to employment and the creation of real employment opportunities for Aboriginal people, many of whom are Traditional Owners on whose land IGO operates. To be successful for one of these roles each candidate must be of Ngadju Heritage. This requirement is due to IGO’s commitment to the existing Ngadju Mining Agreement. The employment and professional development of Ngadju people are two core areas of focus for our organisation.
Key information about this role:
- The traineeship will be at our Nova Operation in the Fraser Range area;
- Gain education and exposure to processing and associated systems;
- The program will run for a period of 2 years of full time employment with IGO;
- Role is Fly in / Fly out (FIFO) from Perth or Drive in / Drive out (DIDO) from Kalgoorlie or surrounding areas; and
- The working roster is 8 days on, 6 days off.
What you can expect:
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a Processing Vocational Certificate while learning on the job. This certificate will be managed by a preferred Registered Training Organisation; and
- Completing and passing each module of the Certificate is compulsory for the candidate to remain on the traineeship program. Study sessions will be available whilst working the roster as well as site-based mentoring and a buddy support system.
IGO will be launching the Ngadju Vocational Traineeship Program throughout 2018 and 2019 in a variety of areas across the business. IGO offers a range of opportunities to gain experience across the entire exploration and mining cycle. Positions will exist for the following roles:
- Barminco Maintenance Traineeship
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend