Job no: 492275
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Due to an aggressive exploration program we are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and technically competent Project Geologist to join our Exploration team. With a current tenement holding of over 12,500 square kilometres and 8 drill rigs operating within the Fraser Range Project, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work on an ambitious greenfields and brownfields program, and be part of a team that changes the face of exploration in Western Australia.
If you are looking to join a team that is passionate about exploration and discovery, where you can make a difference every day and be supported by the team of industry specialists that we have brought together, we’d be excited to hear from you.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Successful planning, execution and budgeting of exploration programs;
- Monthly and weekly reporting of exploration initiatives and activities;
- Ensuring Safety, Health and Environmental factors, and technical aspects of the projects are delivered effectively;
- Ensuring that full-cycle exploration programs from detailed ground work, prospect generation and drill planning are routinely carried out;
- Undertake technical work as required; and
- Managing sub-contractors as required.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A BSc. Hons degree in Geology/Geosciences with significant experience in a similar role;
- Excellent leadership capabilities with experience in prospect generation and project supervision;
- Demonstrated knowledge in mineral systems that include base and precious metals (candidates with experience in orthomagmatic Ni deposits will be favourably considered);
- A proven track record across the exploration cycle from generating projects and prospects to drilling operations and appraisal;
- Demonstrated planning, time management and project management skills;
- Working knowledge of MapInfo, Leapfrog, ioGAS, and MS Office (desirable but not essential);
- Exceptional communication skills including highly skilled written and verbal communication, literacy and presentation skills; and
- A focus on continuous improvement to achieve/exceed industry best practices.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend