Job no: 492287
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. We are as focused on your success as you are. When you join us we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We are currently looking for an experienced Metallurgical Technician to join our Processing team at our Nova Operation. The main responsibility of this role will be sampling, recording, and analysing metallurgical and geological samples as well as providing technical metallurgical support to the Metallurgy team. This is a permanent position, on an 8:6 FIFO roster out of Perth.
Key accountabilities for this role would include:
- Calibrations of plant Courier and Blue Cube systems and associated maintenance;
- Calibration of plant pH / ORP probes;
- Performing belt cuts to ensure accuracy of the weightometer for the Metallurgical Accounting System;
- Undertake metallurgical sampling and analysis as assigned;
- Report all metallurgical and geological results;
- Plant surveys to aid in performance testing and problem solving;
- Metallurgical Laboratory Testwork for plant baseline and optimisation testing;
- Monitor scale in plant to assess the requirement of anti-scalant dosing;
- Assist with the TSF monitoring and downloading of VWP data from the Data Logger; and
- Assist the Metallurgical team with data entry.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
• Significant experience working in a similar position;
• Demonstrated practical experience in a mineral processing lab;
• Current ‘C’ class manual drivers licence;
• Fork Lift ticket desirable;
• Courier OSA experience desirable;
• Flotation test work capabilities;
• Highly effective communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability in continuous improvement and cost reduction;
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel; and
• A strong emphasis on health, safety and wellbeing.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend