Field Assistant - Paterson
Job no: 492568
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
At IGO we offer a collaborative, supportive, welcoming, and fun culture where your efforts will be valued and rewarded. Along with flexible work options you will have access to many benefits including a quarterly incentive plan, company shares, discounted products, health and wellness programs, a competitive remuneration package and 12% Superannuation. We understand that the work we do is serious, but we find the fun in what we do!
Due to an increase in activities in the Paterson area, we have an exciting opportunity for a Field Assistant to join our Exploration team. As a Field Assistant, you will be working in a small team undertaking in-field exploration activities in the beautiful remote Paterson area located in the Pilbara region of WA. The work includes sampling, earthworks, monitoring surveys and remote work. This position will be offered on a 12-month fixed term contract initially, working on a 15:13 days only roster, FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Senior Field Assistant, the role will be exposed to a combination of aircore, reverse circulation and diamond drilling activities. Other work may include supervising earthworks, operating backhoe/loader, conducting heritage surveys with traditional owners, assisting with regional logistics or working with our in-house geophysics team. This role will have the exciting opportunity to join our passionate Exploration team working with some of the industry’s most recognised where you will be part of our quest of discovery.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
Along with a positive attitude, willingness to learn and to be part of a team, you will also have the following:
- Experience across at least one aspect of field-based work including AC & RC sampling, clearing/rehab, core processing, heritage and community relations;
- Ability to work in remote locations on greenfields projects with tent or caravan style accommodation;
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations;
- Experience in the use of GPS, Inreach and satellite communication systems;
- Be safety focused with the drive to be part of a successful team supporting our company values;
- A strong passion for mineral exploration and ore deposit discovery;
- A current ‘Provide first Aid Certificate’ desirable;
- A current 4WD & UTV ticket desirable;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers’ licence;
- HR truck licence desirable;
- Backhoe/Loader ticket desirable; and
- Must be able to complete a National Police Clearance.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt-commodities that are significant in the world's drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA, and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house technical and management teams in the country.
APPLY today to be considered for this great opportunity with a company that will value your contributions and reward you! We thank you for your interest in IGO and advise that we will commence shortlisting immediately.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend