Paste Plant Operator - Nova Operation
Job no: 492289
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Categories: Mining Operations, Processing
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are currently searching for a Paste Plant Operator to join our team at Nova. Reporting to the Paste Plant Coordinator, this role is primarily responsible for achieving and maintaining steady state operations of the paste plant. This position is a permanent, full- time role offered on an 8/6:7/7 dayshift, nightshift roster flying in and out of Perth.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Monitoring and reporting on the paste plant performance;
- Documenting relevant data on the shift reports and maintain shift diaries with up to date information;
- Work through and assist the maintenance team as required;
- Undertake daily checks and cleaning of equipment and advise of abnormalities in equipment;
- Communicate directly with Supervisor to ensure that they are fully versed with problems or critical issues that may impact on the operation of the plant;
- Report all electrical and mechanical faults and breakdowns to the immediate supervisor; and
- Perform other tasks as directed by your Supervisor. ;
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence;
- Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Confined Space ticket;
- Working at Heights ticket (desirable);
- Telehandler (desirable);
- Forklift ticket (desirable);
- Front End Loader/ Skidsteer (desirable);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Willing to work effectively in a team environment; and
- A strong commitment to workplace safety and a culture of continuous improvement.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend