Job no: 492292
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Engineering - Mechanical
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO invites applications for the role of Plant Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright, capable, and team focused professional engineer to make a significant impact at our world class Nova Operation. Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent, the successful candidate will take on a challenging and varied engineering role taking ownership of all Mechanical Fixed assets under the management of IGO with an asset manager mentality. The successful applicant will ensure statutory compliance, asset integrity & reliability, continuous improvement and operational excellence across disciplines. Driving key initiative outcomes and providing guidance to mechanical resources within the IGO team to achieve a high level of success consistently. This is a FIFO role from Perth on 8:6 roster.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Technical and Cultural Leadership across the Mechanical and associated or influenced disciplines;
- Conduct regular assessments of all the major infrastructure and audit compliance, integrity and operation;
- Identify, Implement and prioritise risk mitigation initiatives;
- Drive cultural awareness of significant Mechanical based Risk, Change, Compliance, Standards and Initiatives;
- Mechanical & Project Contractor management operating within site boundaries and/or under IGO frameworks;
- Manage Loss/Defect Elimination Initiatives (Continuous Improvement);
- Stewardship of loss-based improvement initiatives within the Mechanical discipline as Subject Matter Expert (SME);
- Ownership of Mechanical facilities and systems from an Asset Integrity and reliability perspective;
- Accountability and Ownership for Classified Plant (Fixed & Itinerant) across the Nova Site regardless of department or discipline;
- Accountability for all projects under your or other resource’s (internal or external) stewardship;
- Accountability for all aspects of any discipline’s projects to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal requirements; and
- Quality Management of any third party or contractor’s project.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- High emotional intelligence, empathy, and team collaboration capability;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the business;
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering, honours preferred;
- 5+ years of practical hands-on engineering and maintenance experience in a mineral processing plant environment;
- Multi-disciplinary background with strengths across all engineering disciplines including process, civil, structural, piping, electrical, and control;
- Current ‘C’ class manual drivers licence;
- Proven commitment and demonstrated history of leading an active workplace safety culture; and
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and continuous improvement.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend