Job no: 492296
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Engineering - Mining
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are currently looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our team at Nova Operation. Working closely with the Mining and Geology teams this is a permanent full time position offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth. The main responsibilities of this position is to ensure adequate control design for underground and appropriate installation.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Provide geotechnical support to mining operations to ensure geotechnical risks are effectively managed and controlled;
- Provide geotechnical input into production planning and scheduling process including stope and area note design;
- Provide input to mining operations to ensure effective ground support installation and quality control.
- Prepare ground support and reinforcement designs, including plans for drive rehabilitation and support upgrades;
- Maintain and utilise IMS seismic monitoring system;
- Collect and interpret geotechnical data from underground mapping, core logging and site inspections; and
- Conduct geotechnical project work as required for business improvement and cost control.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Tertiary qualification appropriate to the geotechnical field (Geotechnical Engineering preferred);
- Previous experience in a similar role working in an underground mining environment;
- Knowledge of ground support design using empirical and analytical design techniques;
- Experience with mining and geotechnical software such as Deswik, Map3D, IMS Vantage, Rocscience etc;
- To demonstrate a track record of involvement and achievement in successful projects, and be able to articulate your contribution to those results;
- A strong focus and commitment to safety; and
- Current WA manual driver’s license.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend