HSEC & Logistics Manager - Exploration
Job no: 492309
Work type: Full Time - IGO
Categories: Health, Safety, Environment and Community
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO are searching for a HSEC & Logistics Manager to join our Exploration team reporting to the Exploration General Manager. This new role will be responsible for providing management, support, leadership and advice to all exploration operations on all matters relating to risk, safety, health, environment, community and field logistics performance.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Ensure that our people have a safe place of work and safe systems of work, that our environmental management responsibilities are fulfilled, that we have strong community relationships and support, and that all our field operations are run safely, efficiently and effectively;
- Lead and manage the risk management within the exploration team. This specifically includes maintenance of process for the identification of business-critical risk within exploration activities, facilitating the establishment of critical controls, and the verification of the efficacy of the controls;
- Responsible for implementation of the IGO safety and environmental management systems within the exploration team, and specifically the development and execution of the Exploration Safety and Environmental Improvement Plan based on the management of critical risks;
- Develop and promote a HSEC and Logistics workforce plan that positions IGO for long term success; and
- Contribute to the development of the IGO Stakeholder Engagement Strategy and Land Access Strategy and ensure execution of specific work programs.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Extensive experience in a similar role, with an emphasis on Risk and OHS, preferably within the mining and exploration industry;
- Qualification in Risk, OHS or equivalent;
- Supervisor / Leadership training;
- A working knowledge of the broader needs of rural and indigenous communities that are impacted by mining and exploration activities;
- Well-developed leadership and teamwork skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience with Exploration programmes with an emphasis on remote area logistics and travel, surface drilling operations, field surveys and establishing/managing remote camps.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend