Drill and Blast Engineer
Job no: 492311
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Engineering - Mining
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO are currently searching for an experienced and qualified Underground Drill and Blast Engineer to join the team at Nova. Our team is dynamic, diverse and have fun while working hard. Reporting to the Senior Production Engineer, this permanent full- time role is offered on an 8:6 FIFO and Flexible family roster from Perth. This is an exciting time to be involved in the Technical Services Department at Nova; which places significant focus on providing opportunity for experience across multiple mining engineering disciplines.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Stope notes;
- Production drill plans;
- Charge plans;
- Stope reconciliation;
- Vertical development design;
- Service hole design;
- Other task instructions to enable safe and efficient production;
- Development and implementation of weekly production schedules to meet monthly targets;
- Daily monitoring and recording of production progress; and
- Mine process and business improvement studies.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A tertiary qualification in Mining/ Geology Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in mining industry and willing to develop in UG Drill and Blast;
- Demonstrated experience working in operational, design and/or scheduling roles in an underground mining environment, ideally with exposure to base metals;
- Excellent computer skills and be a competent user of mining industry software;
- To demonstrate a track record of involvement and achievement in successful projects, and be able to articulate your contribution to those results; and
- A strong focus and commitment to safety.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend