Mine Engineer Production
Job no: 492329
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Categories: Engineering - Mining
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference!
This role is critical to ensuring the timely implementation of operational activities. This role is responsible for Drill & Blast and Short term production, monitoring and design Drill & Blast function of underground operations through application of best practice process to maximise value to the operation. If you enjoy working in a dynamic and diverse environment and thrive on a challenge, this role could be for you! Key duties will also include:
- General production engineering responsibilities and stope design including
- Production drill plans
- Charge plans
- Stope reconciliation
- Vertical development design
- Service hole design
- Development and implementation of weekly production schedules to meet monthly targets;
- Daily monitoring and recording of production progress; and
- Liaising with the mining contractor to ensure highest standards of ore extraction are achieved.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
This is a permanent full- time position, offered on an attractive 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth. This is an exciting time to be involved in the Technical Services department at Nova; which places significant focus on providing opportunity for experience across multiple mining engineering disciplines. You will be supported, receiving ongoing career development as well as a competitive remuneration package including bonus opportunity.
Along with a self-motivated and collaborative attitude, you will also have the following:
- Previous experience working in operational, design and/or scheduling role in an underground mining environment, ideally with exposure to base metals;
- A tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or related discipilne;
- Proficient with mine design software packages, Deswik highly desired;
- Enjoy working in a diverse, fast paced environment and have an ability to ‘think on your feet’;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- A high level of attention to detail and ability to work to firm deadlines;
- To have completed your underground time in order to satisfy the requirements of sitting for WA Underground Shift Supervisors Certificate and WA First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency; and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last three months.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend