Geophysical Field Assistant
Job no: 492330
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Due to an exciting, ambitious exploration program with increased drilling and geophysical activities throughout our Albany Fraser Range Project, we are looking for an experienced Geophysical Field Assistant to complement our Exploration team.
A nine-month fixed term position is available, across diverse experience levels, working on a 16:12 days only roster with a view to start as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Geophysical Field Supervisor, you will be working in small crews of 3 – 4 people conducting Moving loop EM surveys within remote, regional locations. There is also the opportunity to be trained in Down hole EM surveying.
In addition, some of the primary responsibilities of these roles will include but not limited to:
- Assisting with camp logistics and management; including cooking, cleaning and ordering consumables
- Routine maintenance of vehicles, generators and other equipment
- Ongoing assessments of HSE risks and associated reporting
- Data entry and ensuring that all paperwork and filing is completed in an accurate and timely fashion
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity you will require :
- Field based exploration experience in surface / ground EM or DHEM survey methods
- Be safety focused with the drive to be part of a successful team supporting our company values
- A strong passion for mineral exploration and ore deposit discovery
- Ability to work in remote locations on greenfields projects and a willingness to undertake campaign work with tent or caravan accommodation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and literacy skills
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers’ licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last three months
- MR License, Forklift Ticket are desirable
This role would also be suitable for graduate geophysicist looking to start their career in exploration.
We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen. Where technology opens up new horizons and clean energy makes the planet a better place for every generation to come. We have big aspirations to explore, develop, produce and partner to achieve our strategy to become a globally relevant, premium producer of energy storage and distribution minerals.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend