Mechanical Technician - FIFO - 8/6 - 7/7
Job no: 492375
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Categories: Mining Operations
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt-commodities that are significant in the world's drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house technical and management teams in the country.
We are excited to announce an opportunity for an experienced and suitably qualified Mechanical Technician to join our Maintenance team. Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor you will be responsible for ongoing maintenance & breakdown repairs across all Nova assets, including but not limited to the Processing Plant, Paste Plant, Underground Fixed Plant and Workshop. Mechanical Fitting and welding duties will also form part of this role. This is a FIFO role from Perth (or DIDO from surrounding areas) working on an 8:6 / 7:7 days & nights roster.
This is an opportunity to join our Maintenance team on a full-time permanent basis. Throughout your career at IGO, you will receive guidance and support, along with the opportunity to participate in any relevant training courses. You will be part of a close team at Nova where collaboration and having an innovative mindset assist you to develop within the growing organisation.
Along with a positive attitude and willingness to contribute and be part of a team, it is essential that you have significant experience in a similar role within an operational mining environment. You will also have the following :
- A trade qualification in Mechanical Fitting with min 10 years’ experience in Fixed Plant maintenance
- EWP ticket
- Current and valid C Class driver license, HR preferred
- Dogman Ticket Preferred
- MMS Pronto Basic+ Preferred
- A proven ability to perform a wide range of maintenance activities, whilst exhibiting a high regard for safety
- Developed written and verbal communication and literacy skills
- Current National Police Clearance
To attract the right talent, IGO have implemented a range of benefits on top of a competitive salary. This includes but not limited to :
- Paid parental leave
- The opportunity to participate in paid leave to support community service
- Attractive length of service awards
- Short and long term incentive programs
- Mentoring programs
- Mental health and general wellbeing programs
- Fun social club activities
APPLY today to avoid missing out on this opportunity! We thank you for your interest in IGO and advise that we will only contact applications who make the shortlist. Please note, the Talent Team will commence shortlisting before the advert closes.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend