We are excited to offer this unique opportunity to join a highly skilled team of Exploration and Geoscience professionals, where you will support, lead, and manage the day to day exploration activities for the Albany Fraser Orogen Project. The key focus of this role being to continue to drive positive team environment through ongoing mentoring, coaching and development of the project workforce whilst being responsible for ensuring the most efficient and effective exploration techniques are employed.
The Albany Fraser Orogen Project is IGO’s leading exploration project. Including both brownfields exploration surrounding the Nova Operation and regional belt-scale greenfields exploration throughout the Fraser Range, the role is diverse. Targeting the discovery of magmatic Ni-Cu-Co sulphide deposits similar to Nova, the region is also prospective for gold deposits and other commodities.
The key success to this role is promoting a communication style to facilitate a positive team environment conducive to creative ideas and open discussion to ensure the balance between short- and long-term strategies - we believe in being better together.
You will be joining a workplace that has a collaborative and supportive culture, where you will be respected and valued. We are an employer of choice. We understand that the work we do is serious, but we find the fun in what we do!
This full-time permanent role will be based primarily in our Corporate office, in the attractive location of South Perth, with regular time being spent in the field. At IGO, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work life balance, therefore you will have access to our Health and Wellness programs and Flexible Work options. Along with competitive remuneration package including short and long term incentive opportunities, we also offer ongoing training and development opportunities including an established Mentor Program, Reward and Recognition incentives including Length of Service, access to Company Shares, a generous Paid Parental Leave Policy and Car Leasing options.
Together with an upbeat and enthusiastic personality and passion for geoscience, exploration, and discovery, you will also have the following:
- Significant experience in a similar role within a mining or exploration environment;
- A tertiary qualification majoring in Geoscience from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Prior proven experience engaging and leading a large team;
- Track record of mineral discovery success;
- Ability to identify, plan, develop and achieve exploration budgets and capital expenditure;
- Experience with exploration / mining / GIS software, ie: QGIS and Micromine;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to conduct detailed presentations; and
- Awareness of the Mine Safety & Inspection Act and Regulations.