Job no: 492411
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO, Full Time - IGO
Location: All, Perth, Norseman, Esperance, Kalgoorlie
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
THE OPPORTUNITY THAT AWAITS
Due to an aggressive exploration program in Western Australia, we are looking for energetic and enthusiastic Exploration Geologists to join our Fraser Range Exploration team. IGO currently hold over 12,500 square kilometres of tenure in the AFO and are planning to test multiple high-quality targets across the belt with up to four drill rigs in 2021. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on an ambitious greenfields and brownfields program. The role will include contractor management and supervision; logging drill core and aircore chips; the integration and interpretation of complex geological, geochemical, and geophysical data; target generation; reporting and tenement management.
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
If you are looking to join a team that is passionate about exploration and discovery, where you can make a difference every day and be supported by the team of industry specialists that we have brought together, we’d be excited to hear from you.
Reporting to one of our Project Geologists you will be based out of our South Perth office with regular trips to site during the field season. Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of aircore and diamond drilling programs in remote areas, including logging, data entry, camp logistics and contractor supervision
- Planning a range of field programs and surveys as required, including drill programs, soil sampling, clearing, rehabilitation and heritage.
- Integration of large datasets including compiling and reviewing historical exploration work to generate new drill targets and geological models
- Preparation of maps, sections, reports, and presentation materials.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
With relevant industry experience in base metals, you will have strong familiarity working within remote locations and willingness to undertake campaign style work.
You will also be self-motivated, with a strong desire to achieve results, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with high quality presentation skills.
To be considered for an opportunity, you will also hold the below qualifications:
- BSc (Hons.) in geology. Post-graduate qualifications will be considered favourably
- Current C Class (manual) Western Australian Drivers Licence;
- Current Provide or Remote Area First Aid certification desirable;
- Four-Wheel Drive competency desirable;
- Flexibility to travel to remote locations as/when required; and
- Working knowledge of GIS software (preferably QGIS,);3D modelling software (preferably Micromine); and ioGAS ishighly desirable.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend