Senior Field Supervisor
Job no: 492439
Work type: Full Time - IGO
Location: Perth, All
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
By joining IGO, you will be working for a leading Australian organisation that sits on the ASX100 list. You will be working in a workplace that has a collaborative and supportive culture, where you will be respected and valued. We are an employer of choice. We understand that the work we do is serious, but we find the fun in what we do!
This full-time permanent role will be based in our Corporate office, in the attractive location of South Perth. It will require frequent visits to sites throughout the Albany Fraser Range. At IGO, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work life balance, therefore you will have access to our Health and Wellness programs and Flexible Work options.
Along with competitive remuneration package including short and long term incentive opportunities, we also offer ongoing training and development opportunities including an established Mentor Program, Reward and Recognition incentives including Length of Service, access to Company Shares and generous Paid Parental Leave Policy.
Due to an internal promotion and our strong focus on exploration, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Field Supervisor to join our Exploration team. The key purpose of this role is to manage the day-to-day running of field services to ensure all work activities are fully planned and coordinated. This position is a people management role and it is critical we find someone passionate about people and culture. We are looking for an industry leader that drives a good team culture and is fantastic at building strong relationships with all key stakeholders.
Whilst fulfilling the above, primary accountabilities will also include:
- Supervise field staff and equipment for exploration sites to ensure that exploration programmes have adequate field technical support;
- Daily scheduling of field personnel including the supervision of contractors;
- Oversee that exploration programs have the appropriate logistical support (vehicles, camps, consumables, equipment);
- Liaise with Geologists to ensure that exploration activities are carried out in the most cost-effective manner;
- Land holder and Traditional land owner liaison;
- Provide support for the individuals and team;
- Ensure all field operations are conducted within IGO’s safety and environment guidelines; and
- Drive continuous improvement of systems and processes to ensure IGO maintains industry best practice.
The successful candidate will be collaborative, approachable, and adaptable. This position will suit an experienced individual with the following key experience:
- Significant field based exploration experience in a senior capacity, essential;
- Formal leadership training, desirable;
- Certificate III in Mining Exploration considered favourably;
- MLEM and/or air core, RC and diamond drilling experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and literacy skills;
- Demonstrated time management skills and a keen attention to detail;
- Current First Aid qualification desirable;
- Current ‘C’ Class Manual Western Australian Drivers Licence (‘HR’ Class is preferred);
- ATV and Defensive 4WD training highly desirable; and
- Willingness to contribute to the success of the team whilst supporting the IGO company values.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend