Manager - Land Access and Heritage
Job no: 492441
Work type: Full Time - IGO
Location: Perth, All
Categories: Legal, Management
By joining IGO, you will be working for a leading Australian organisation that sits on the ASX100 Index. You will be working with an organisation that has a collaborative and supportive culture, where you will be respected and valued. We are an employer of choice. We understand that the work we do is serious, but we find the fun in what we do!
This full-time permanent role will be based in our Corporate office, in the attractive location of South Perth. At IGO, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work life balance, therefore you will have access to our Health and Wellness programs and Flexible Work options.
Along with competitive remuneration package including short and long-term incentive opportunities, we also offer ongoing training and development opportunities including an established Mentor Program, Reward and Recognition incentives including Length of Service, access to Company Shares and a generous Paid Parental Leave Policy.
Reporting to IGO’s General Counsel you will be responsible for developing IGO’s land access strategy and maintaining stakeholder relationships with Traditional Owners, Native Title Groups, key government and advisory bodies and other landowners across IGO’s portfolio of exploration projects and the Nova Operation, to ensure strategic land access. You will be responsible for negotiating and maintaining land access agreements and working collaboratively with IGO’s Exploration and Nova teams to ensure positive land access outcomes through provision of strategic advice, negotiation support and oversight of heritage management.
Whilst fulfilling the above, primary accountabilities will also include:
- Developing and implementing corporate strategy in relation to Native Title and heritage activities;
- Developing and promoting IGO’s Reconciliation Action Plan throughout the broader communities in which we operate;
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholder groups and government and industry bodies to ensure positive and continued land access outcomes and constructive relationships;
- Supporting the legal team in negotiating land access arrangement with various Native Title and Traditional Owner groups;
- Designing, implementing and overseeing IGO’s heritage management;
- Providing advice and keeping up to date with current Native Title and heritage legislations and guidelines; and
- Monitoring compliance with land access agreements.
The successful candidate will be collaborative, approachable, and adaptable. This is a newly created role that will satisfy a suitably experienced and qualified individual with the following key experience:
- Tertiary level education in archaeology, anthropology, law or relevant disciplines;
- Significant knowledge of DPLH systems;
- Significant experience working in the Native Title and heritage disciplines;
- Experience working with the mining industry in Western Australia;
- Experience in Native Title and Aboriginal heritage management; and
- Demonstrated understanding and application of all relevant legislation (including the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth), Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (WA) and the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth)).
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend