Project Generative Geologist
Job no: 492469
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO, Full Time - IGO
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt-commodities that are significant in the world's drive for clean energy. Exploration is a core part of IGO's business as demonstrated by our large, world-class brownfield and greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house technical and management teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join IGO we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Generative Geologist, who is passionate about exploration and discovery to join our multi-disciplined exploration team. Working on our new projects across multiple commodity types (Ni, Cu and Li), geological settings and jurisdictions.
The successful candidate will be based in the Corporate office working a 5:2 roster arrangement with travel to the field as and when required.
If you are energetic, enthusiastic, technically competent and looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference and feel supported by a team of industry specialists, we would like to hear from you.
Reporting to the Principal Generative Geologist you will hold accountability across the below points -
- Assist in the development of a quality exploration/project portfolio through the application of leading practice to area selection through to ground entry:
- Integration and interpretation of large datasets
- Application of Mineral Systems analysis to exploration geoscience
- Geological interpretation of potential field datasets
- Report and present exploration data to a high technical standard, including statutory reporting requirements;
- Contribute to a working environment which is conducive to creative ideas and open discussion;
- Manage documents and record keeping as per requirements of the relevant government legislation and departmental requirements;
- Pro-actively manage costs to ensure that budgets are achieved for the Exploration Department;
- Have a strong customer / relationship focus with an understanding of the company strategy and value creation opportunities.
- Actively participate with work teams to improve and sustain a positive safety culture across the organisation; and
- Comply with Company objectives, policies, procedures and safe work practices at all times.
- A relevant tertiary post graduate qualification in Geology/Geosciences desirable;
- Significant exploration experience across a range of roles;
- Prior experience in the generation of exploration targets from belt to prospect scale using multi-disciplinary 4D datasets;
- Expertise in the interpretation of large scale datasets including remote sensing and/or potential field geophysics, desirable;
- Working knowledge of GIS and relevant 3D software (Micromine, Leapfrog);
- Exceptional communication skills with the demonstrated ability to write coherent well-structured safe work procedures;
- Ability to build and maintain internal & external working relationships;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence;
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last three months; and
- Safety focused with the drive to be a team player and willingness to support our company values.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend