IT Technical Support Officer
Job no: 492504
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time - IGO
Location: Perth, All
Categories: Information Technology
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with ambitious growth aspirations. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt; commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. We also recently acquired an enviable ownership stake in the Tianqi Greenbushes lithium mine and Kwinana lithium hydroxide processing facilities. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield discovery programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun; a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences and we are excited about what we can achieve together. That is the IGO difference.
Due to growth at IGO, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Officer to join our IT team. This position will be offered on a 12-month fixed term contract. In this role you will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of IT services and have customer focused resolutions to all IT issues. Reporting to the Group IT Manager, this role will be based at our newly renovated offices in South Perth with occasional site visits to our Nova site when required.
Key accountabilities for this role would include:
- Assist in maintaining the IT environment, infrastructure and systems;
- Assist with 1st and 2nd level support issues in a timely manner;
- Provide user desktop and mobile device support to all IGO staff;
- Assist with the running of the IT Helpdesk by answering calls providing support as required; and
- Assist with IT projects as assigned by the Group IT Manager.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A positive, energetic, customer focused attitude;
- Willingness to contribute to, and be part of, a high performing team;
- Experience in a similar role (mining company desirable);
- Strong desktop support skills;
- Windows Server experience;
- Linux Operating Systems experience; and
- Good skills in MS Exchange, SQL Server and Hyper-V.
If this position sounds like you we would love to hear from you, please apply on the link below.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend