Senior Generative Geologist - Lithium
Job no: 492560
Work type: Full Time - IGO
Categories: Geology & Geoscience
IGO is a fast-growing mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to be a globally relevant long-term producer of products critical to the world’s transition to clean energy. Our 100%-owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range, WA is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt in concentrates. IGO also owns a 25% interest in the Greenbushes lithium operation south of Perth and a 49% interest in the Kwinana lithium hydroxide refinery. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA, and we are actively pursuing brownfield and greenfield discoveries by one of the best in-house exploration teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are paramount. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder and more innovative team. We come from a range of backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development, to help you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
At IGO we offer a collaborative, supportive and fun culture where your efforts will be valued and rewarded. Along with flexible work options you will have access to many benefits including a competitive remuneration package with 12% Superannuation, annual bonus program, company share scheme, private health insurance and paid parental leave. We understand that the work we do is serious, but we find the fun in what we do!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Generative Geologist who is passionate about exploration and discovery to join our multi-disciplinary exploration team. This new position will identify new projects focusing on pegmatite-hosted lithium in a range of geological locations in Australia and overseas.
The successful candidate will be based in IGO’s South Perth Corporate office working a regular 5:2 working week with travel to the field as and when required.
If you are energetic, enthusiastic, technically competent, and you are looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference and feel supported by a team of industry specialists, we would like to hear from you.
Reporting to the Principal Generative Geologist, you will be accountable for the:
- Development of a high-quality lithium exploration project portfolio
- Collection, integration and interpretation of large datasets
- Application of Mineral Systems analysis to lithium exploration geoscience
- Geological interpretation of potential field geophysical datasets
- Collection and analysis of surface and whole-rock geochemistry samples
- Interpretation of resistate mineral mapping and trace element geochemical data with special application to the IGO De Beers sample repository
- Collection and interpretation of airborne and rock multi-spectral data with respect to identifying and mapping lithium pegmatite Mineral Systems;
- Reporting and presentation of exploration data to a high technical standard, including statutory reporting requirements;
- Contribution to a working environment which is conducive to creative ideas and open discussion;
- Contribution to academic research efforts that will advance exploration models to drive new discoveries of lithium;
- Establishing and maintaining effective lines of communication within the organisation;
- Management of documents and record keeping as per requirements of the relevant government legislation and departmental requirements;
- Pro-active management of costs to ensure that budgets are achieved for the Exploration Department; and
- Focused attention to the company strategy and to value creation opportunities.
- A relevant tertiary post graduate qualification (PhD or MSc) in Geology/Geosciences is preferred;
- Significant prior experience in lithium exploration;
- Prior experience in the generation of exploration targets from belt to prospect scale using multi-disciplinary 2D, 3D and 4D datasets;
- Intermediate (or higher) working knowledge of QGIS and relevant 3D software, preferably Micromine and Leapfrog;
- Exceptional communication skills with the demonstrated ability to write coherent well-structured reports and presentations;
- Expertise in the interpretation of large-scale datasets including remote sensing, geochemistry and potential field geophysics is desirable;
- Ability to build and maintain internal & external working relationships;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence;
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last three months; and
- Safety focused behaviours with the drive to be a team player and the willingness to support our company values.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click "Apply" to submit your resume and covering letter.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend