At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We are focused on continuous improvement and strive for operational excellence, as a result we are looking for a Senior Training Advisor to lead our Learning & Development team at our Nova Operation. This is a full time, permanent role working a 4:3, 4:3, 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth (or DIDO from surrounding areas).
This role will see you working closely with the corporate based Leaning & Development team, the Nova People & Culture team and site leaders to develop, implement and review training processes and systems. You will also be an integral part of the team responsible for the development and delivery of site inductions and internal site-based training.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensure employees receive statutory required training;
- Liaise with managers and supervisors to identify and assess training and development needs;
- Identify, coordinate and oversee internal and external training programs to address competency gaps;
- Present training programs using recognized training techniques and tools;
- Oversee, identify and coordinate off-site training activities for employees, as required;
- Drafting instructional manuals, onboarding materials and other relevant documentation; and
- Establish and maintain relationships with external training suppliers.
You will have the opportunity to join a collaborative team that is passionate about learning, where your efforts will be valued. We understand that the work we do is serious, but we find the fun in what we do!
Our Nova operation is located in the Fraser Range, just a short, 60-minute flight from Perth. On site you will stay in a well-maintained camp with fantastic facilities and your own permanent room. This position includes a competitive remuneration package, health insurance for yourself and your family, 12% superannuation, short term bonuses and ongoing training and development opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a proactive senior who engages collaboratively with key stakeholders and their team and a possesses a strong customer service focus, maintaining a friendly and professional approach. You will also have the following:
- Significant experience in a similar role within a mining environment;
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to adapt and engage at all levels;
- Self-motivated and well organised to ensure the timely delivery of projects and tasks assigned to the role;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Learning Management Systems, INX software and Pronto experience advantageous;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers’ license, and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt-commodities that are significant in the world's drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house technical and management teams in the country.
We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen. Where technology opens up new horizons and clean energy makes the planet a better place for every generation to come. We have big aspirations to explore, develop, produce and partner to achieve our strategy to become a globally relevant, premium producer of energy storage and distribution minerals.