Metallurgical Technician - BioHeap
Job no: 492684
Work type: Fixed Term - Part Time - IGO
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Metallurgical Technician to join our Bioheap Laboratory based in Canning Vale.
In this role you will provide support through the sample preparation and daily routine tasks of the laboratory including test work for the processing plant.
You will have the opportunity to join a collaborative team that is passionate about Health, Safety, Environment and Community, where your efforts will be valued.
Reporting to the BioHydrometallurgist, your key accountabilities will include:
- Carry out test work for the Processing Plant, including sample preparation, nitric acid digests, adaptation and amenability test work and associated sample submissions and test maintenance, utilizing the laboratory and equipment provided, ensuring that measurements and data is recorded correctly in the provided spreadsheets
- Ensure a safe work environment by ensuring work areas are kept clean, tidy and free of hazards, reporting these using designated reporting systems
- Assist with data entry, data analysis and maintaining the reference database
- Ensure consistent achievement of production targets by liaising with and supporting team members operating other sections of the processing plant, to ensure full alignment and synergy of goals and targets
- Utilise assets to maximise return, including the application of new procedures, processes and technology where appropriate
- Ensure good maintenance of company assets by conducting regular pre-start inspections, carrying out minor maintenance notifying appropriate personnel in the appropriate manner when observing items requiring service or repair.
This role will be offered part time basis (16 to 24 hours per week), on a 12-month fixed term contract. We are flexible on how many days this is across ranging from 2 to 5 days.
At IGO, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work life balance and offer access to various Health and Wellness programs. Along with ongoing training and development opportunities including an established Mentor Program, you will also receive a competitive salary package including 12% superannuation, bonuses and employee health insurance plan.
To be successful in this role, you will be a positive end energetic team member as well as the following;
- Experience working as a metallurgical technician in a commercial laboratory, preferrable with a mining focus;
- Degree qualification in Chemistry, Metallurgy, Microbiology or similar is desired but not essential;
- The ability to lift bags weighing up to 10kgs
- Effectively planning and scheduling skills;
- Sound computer literacy
- Attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence, and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably and ethically, delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to delivery clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend